Ode to Meatballs!
My childhood meals often contained pasta and meatballs. First, because I grew up in Boston and Italian dishes are very popular there. Second, and I’m sure we all fit in this category, it’s just so darn easy.
Don’t you remember this song?
“On top of spaghetti,
All covered with cheese,
I lost my poor meatball,
When somebody sneezed.
It rolled off the table,
And on to the floor,
And then my poor meatball,
Rolled out of the door.”
Yup, that will be in your head the rest of the day!
Anyways…after following a Paleo Lifestyle, Meatballs weren’t on the menu due to ingredients like bread crumbs and milk.
That’s not gonna fly in my book!
This recipe is now completely clean, gluten-free, and dairy-free. Not to mention the added bonus – VEGETABLES are hidden inside.
Don’t tell the kids; they’ll never even notice!
- 2 lbs ground meat of choice
- 1/4 head of cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 leek or 1/2 yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the cabbage, carrot, bell pepper, leek, garlic, salt, and pepper into a food processor.
- Process the ingredients until smooth and fine.
- Combine the vegetable mixture with the ground meat.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn the broiler on HI.
- Broil the meatballs for 5-8 minutes or until the tops are nice and brown.
Don’t want to roll meatballs?
Dump it into a loaf pan and make Meatloaf. Keep oven at 400 but add an extra 15-20 minutes.
Want a Quick Pasta Sauce?
This HOMEMADE sauce is seriously super fast! Check it out here.
How do you hide vegetables?
Join the conversation in the comments below and let us know what other great ways you hide vegetables.
Simply comment below.