This recipe is very fast and satisfying when in a pinch. You can vary the amount of cocoa powder depending on your taste, but I like my pudding to be very rich in chocolate taste.
The vanilla bean powder is optional because it can be difficult to find in stores. You can exclude it all together or replace it with vanilla extract. I personally choose to exclude vanilla extract because of the alcohol content. If you decide to use it, make sure you find a Gluten-Free option.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 medjool dates
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 2 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup berries of choice
- Cut and scoop out the avocado flesh into a bowl.
- Remove the seeds from the medjool dates.
- Add the dates, cocoa powder and vanilla bean powder to the avocado. See note below on vanilla bean powder.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the ingredients until smooth. You may have to stir several times to ensure the dates get fully mixed.
- Top with shredded coconut and berries.
Replace frozen bananas in place of the avocado for a sweet ice cream treat.