These spicy cornbread muffins are completely grain-free and sugar-free. Mixing almond flour and coconut flour together makes the texture of the muffins similar to cornbread without using any corn. This recipe is a healthier alternative since corn is loaded with Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO’s).
Want to watch me make this recipe? Check out my very first recipe video below.
Hope you love it!
Makes 12 muffins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 packet Zax Snax – Poltle Pepita
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Optional: 3/4 cup chopped jalapenos
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add a portion of the Zax Snax – Poltle Pepita, leaving about 2 tbsp left of the mix to sprinkle on top of the muffins.
- Add the eggs, coconut cream and melted coconut oil to the dry ingredients.
- Optional: if you prefer spicy cornbread, add the chopped jalapenos.
- Mix all the ingredients together and fill the muffin liners with the batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry.
Serve these Spicy Cornbread Muffins with a Texas-sized bowl of Texas Chili topped with onions, avocados, and chopped jalapenos.
Also try my Cranberry Bread for a sweeter alternative. These are great for holiday presents too.