One of the best weekend breakfast or brunch item is a loaded Egg Casserole. Give me eggs with vegetables and a side of bacon and I’m a happy camper.
Cook enough and you’ll have leftovers for your weekday mornings.
Monday gets a whole lot better when you have a delicious breakfast casserole already cooked and ready for you to eat in the morning. Pair that with a cup of coffee and the morning news and I bet you’ll feel great.
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 lbs frozen spinach
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the ghee in a large, flat-bottom pan over medium heat.
- Dice the onion and add it to the pan to cook.
- After onions are slightly soft, add the frozen spinach.
- While the onions and spinach are cooking, crack the eggs into a medium bowl.
- Add the coconut milk and all the spices to the eggs. Whisk everything together.
- Using a spatula, scoop the onion and spinach mixture into a large casserole baking dish.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top and garnish with some smoked paprika for color.
- Bake the egg casserole in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the eggs are cooked and firm.
Load your Egg Casserole with Bacon!
I mean, can you ever go wrong with bacon?
Paleo Meal Companions
Have a sweet craving this morning?
Whip up a batch up these sweet Blueberry Muffins and enjoy!