After starting a Paleo lifestyle, I got used to not eating bread. For the most part, it was pretty easy since most store-bought bread was not particularly amazing. The only times I would shed a tear was if it was homemade, right from the oven. You know what I’m talking about? That warm bread smell of freshly baked bread.
This recipe started one Thanksgiving when fresh rolls were everywhere, or maybe that’s just how I felt. Complete with with melting butter and gravy too. I don’t know how I withstood that meal without diving into one of those fresh rolls, but I’ll tell you, I surely tested several bread recipes after that.
It is such a special treat to cut into a warm loaf of bread, just out of the oven, and top it with homemade jam, creamy almond butter or warm ghee.
I never again have to shed tears over missed bread.
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, potato starch, arrowroot starch, baking powder and salt and mix together.
- Separate the eggs.
- Add the yolks to the dry mixture and place the egg whites in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Add the coconut milk and vinegar to the dry ingredients and mix everything together.
- Using a standing or hand-held mixer, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the dough mixture. This helps give the bread a lighter consistency.
- Place the combined batter into a bread pan and cook for 1 hour.
- Store the bread in the refrigerator.
If you prefer rolls, these nut-free Bread Rolls are simply amazing!