The grill is my husband’s territory, which means I can kick my feet up and relax while he cooks. Simply add a protein of choice next to these vegetable kabobs and you have a complete meal.
My favorite protein is steak. We stock up on either grass-fed or Prime steak when it goes on sale at the local market or grocery store. Knowing that Prime and grass-fed are on either ends of the spectrum, we love the taste of Prime steak for it’s flavor that simply melts in your mouth.
Plus, there is no clean-up other than scraping the grill, so it leaves more time to play with our son.
- 1 large onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 5 yellow squash
- 8 oz baby portabella mushrooms
- 8 kabob skewers
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Cut the onion, peppers, and squash to size relative to the mushrooms. This will ensure all the vegetables will cook equally.
- Place the cut vegetables, mushrooms, avocado oil, salt, and pepper in a Ziploc bag and secure it closed.
- Shake the bag until the vegetables are evenly coated with the oil and spices.
- Alternate different vegetables onto the skewers.
- Grill the vegetable kabobs for 15-20 minutes, rotating the skewers on the grill every 5 minutes until vegetables are soft and potatoes are done.
Check out some other great grill recipes.